Introducing the Legacy MIND Math + Music ProgramLegacy Academy is proud to introduce MIND Research Institute's award winning ST Math and ST Math + Music program for our K - 5th grade students. MIND's educational programs are based on over 30 years of breakthrough neuroscience and education research. These unique programs will engage our Legacy students' spatial temporal reasoning abilities to explain, understand, and solve multi-step problems.
Benefits of MIND programs:
- Innovative visual approach teaches math concepts.
- Common Core Content Standards
- Increases standardized test scores.
- Game metaphor engages students who have struggled with conventional approaches in math and learning.
- RAMP instructional design reaches students at every level of academic proficiency.
- Innovative games train students in multi-step problem solving.
- Students develop strong music theory and keyboarding skills while increasing their spatial-temporal reasoning ability (the skill to visualize problems in space and time).
- Students use Mozart's Sonata for Two Pianos to develop their listening ability as well as their understanding of sonata form.
- The Music Theory component teaches students how to read music.
- Students learn to identify and understand musical symbols and vocabulary and how to relate written notation to the piano keyboard.
- The emphasis on symmetrical patterns in the right and left hand, equal development of both hands, and identification of patterns with music help with brain development.
(Click the link on the right side)